Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Boredom Boredom Boredom

I woke up with the usual "aww damn, another day at the office!" feeling, not expecting anything special or out-of-the-ordinary to happen today, and you know what? It's almost 12pm and I'm right!

My usual morning ritual of surfing through my work email wasn't fruitful, the usual correspondences weren't that exciting; people reflecting their worth and 'valuable and unexpendable' in various subtle ways, a couple of internal reports, etc. etc. So I started surfing the news sites, interrupted briefly by my expired network password, which was quickly resolved by one of the IT department guys (boring so far, I know!)

So I started walking around my area, chatting with some of the employees, had some office furniture re-arranged, had the coffee machines moved to a less-cluttered area, disengaged the noisy fire alarm that goes off unexpectedly all the time, all towards constructing a work-oriented mindset to continue with the projects I'm working on these days.

There's no end to the work, don't get me wrong. It's just that when you're not into the 'karma' of productivity, you tend to lose interest-even if it's momentarily-with whatever it was you'd be working on, and that's what happened to me today...no interest.

I've got a meetin to attend to in about 30 minutes from now, and I'm still looking for positive motivation to get me through the day.

Still not motivated, so I decided to change my Profile Pic! :-)

1 comment:

LuLu said...

Changing the pic is cool-- but you sure you don't need 2 change ur job? I'd die if I had 2 go 2 an office just 2 get bored!