Sunday, September 11, 2011

9/11 Remembered




Today was a very sombre day for many in the US, as well as other parts of the world. It was a tragic and terrible act of destruction that is by no means equitable to whatever destruction had been witnessed by any country that sees itself as a victim of US repression.

I spent most of today surfing through the major news channels, recollecting what had happened ten years ago, and keep asking myself the same question over and over again: Was it really worth it?

To us Muslims, opinions are varied. To me, as a Muslim and an Arab, the answer is simple: A definite 'No'!

More restrictions, more visa requirements, more security checks, more dangers, more conflicts, more deaths, more destruction, basically nothing was achieved that would make my life, as a Middle Easterner, more respectable.

As for the so-called victims of American Imperialism, they're worse off today than they had been ten years ago, and that goes without saying!

In the end, however, I hope and pray that in the future, the world would be kinder to my children than it has been for me.

No comments: